I’m working on a miniature quilt for the holiday Miniature Booty Swap. The pattern I chose is a 12-inch paper-pieced block that I blew up to 18 inches. I’ve only got three sections left to piece (one of which has about 20 pieces), but then it’ll be done.

I’m always torn about PPing. I love the results – crisp, clean, pointy points, neatly pieced designs that have a different feel than applique, and the ability to piece itty bitty things and have it actually work. I dislike, however, the time it takes, the waste of fabric, and having to concentrate for that long in my sewing room. It’s such a pain to rip out and redo if you’re fabric is off just a bit, for example. I’ve gotten much better at it through this project, and this is the first time I don’t have crazy weird excesses of fabric in the seam allowances. (Thank you Toni for showing me your trick for that!)

I’ll post pictures after the recipient has received it. Given what she requested, it’ll be pretty obvious who it’s going to!


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: