Cookies & Cream is finally done. It took me almost six hours to do the handwork on the binding alone – eek! My fingers are feeling it. I stabbed myself more than a few times, and the backside of the needle kept digging into part of my thumb. The quilt was just washed tonight (to pucker it, my favorite part!) and is currently in the dryer.
I also just finished making the sleeve for this one, which I called “Seeds of Summer.” The sleeve is too low, though, so I may take it off and redo it. I also haven’t washed this one yet, and I need to block it when I do. This little quilt is about 40″ x 40″ and is hanging in the office. It’s my ode to why I don’t finish my bindings by hand. About eight inches on the back actually looks good, but that was the last part I did and I tried using my overcast foot, which worked well. I had actually finished the top and quilting in May, began the binding in June, but got sidetracked when my sister-in-law came to visit. It’s done now!
Close-up of quilting. I did curly-Qs and wrote the word “summer” all over it in cursive every which direction. It’s interesting – my FMQ cursive is better than my handwritten cursive (which I NEVER use). Weird.